thox, a multi-tasking OS for ComputerCraft¶
thox is an operating system for ComputerCraft providing pre-emptive multitasking, secure thread sandboxing and modern IPC facilities.
The source repository is available on my forge.
The documentation is organized as suggested by Daniele Procida in his conference “What nobody tells you about documentation” (watch), which was filmed at PyCon Australia 2017; watching this conference is recommended for contributing to this wiki. It uses a specific vocabulary; see Glossary.
This project is in early alpha and documentation-driven, which means the documentation will very probably be in advance on the code. This is because I strongly believe that while the code might disappear, what will stay is the concepts and the user experience attempted at in this project, and the notions covered in the documentation (including protocols’ and file formats descriptions).
- Randomness and entropy
- Character encodings
- Buses and components
- Video devices
- Modem networking
- Modem protocols
- Core system design
- thox startup
- thox program, process and service manager
- thox concepts: contexts and interactions
- thox native process runtime API
- APIs of contexts managed by the process manager
- thox process manager
- thox process manager API
- fsd: the thox filesystem daemon
- gpsd: the thox GPS daemon
- netd: the thox network daemon
- rand: the thox random and entropy production daemon
- pkgd: the thox package management daemon
- Core libraries
- Notable people